[Infovis] Open PhD positions in Visualization + HCI at the VisHub lab, University of Edinburgh

benjamin bach benj.bach at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:54:11 CET 2021

Hi Everyone,

At the VisHub lab Edinburgh, we are looking for PhD candidates with a
passion for visualization, design, and human computer interaction and with
a strong interest in working interdisciplinarity, for example, with
researchers from medicine or the humanities. We have several fully-funded 3
year PhD positions in

   -

   Data Visualization and Visual Communication for Paediatric Care:
   https://vishub.net/jobs/phd-pcc-2021.html
   -

   Visual interfaces for cultural collections:
   https://vishub.net/jobs/phd-visCulturalCollections.html
   -

   Re-thinking visualization as part of humanities research processes:
   https://vishub.net/jobs/phd-vishumanities-nov2021.html

Please see the links above for more information and how to apply and get in
touch with us to discuss your ideas (with a CV and outline of your ideas
and interests) .

Competitive PhD scholarships <https://vishub.net/jobs/phd-edinburgh.html> are
available all year around through the School of Informatics or the centre
for doctoral training in Natual Language Processing
<https://web.inf.ed.ac.uk/cdt/natural-language-processing>. We are always
interested in ambitious students in all areas of our research
<https://vishub.net/index#projects>.

The VisHub https://vishub.net <https://vishub.net/> is an interdisciplinary
research lab focusing on creative methods for interactive, exploratory and
explanatory data visualizations across domains and environments.

Benjamin Bach + Uta Hinrichs