[Infovis] Vis. course syllabus examples..

Kalpathi Subramanian krs at uncc.edu
Mon Jun 20 18:32:32 CEST 2022

Hi..

We are trying to revise our visualization courses to create  one that
combines topics in both infovis and scivis. Given that the conferences
and the vis communities  have been moving closer and closer together
and  due to some difficulties of offering multiple vis courses in our
program,  we are trying to have topics from each of these two
categories.  Clearly its impossible to do justice to both, but since
most of our students would take only one Vis course, what would be a
syllabus look like?   I would like to see examples of anything like this
that you might have in your programs.

Or at the least, what would be t he absolute essential topics you would
want to choose from Infovis and Scivis (sort of  the core)?

I am thinking of a course at the graduate level at this point, but some
version of this at the undergrad level might come later.

Thanks.

     -- krs

--
Kalpathi Subramanian                             Ph: 704 687 8579
Associate Professor                              Email: krs at uncc.edu
Dept of Computer Science                         Web:http://webpages.uncc.edu/krs
The University of North Carolina
Charlotte, NC 28202-0001