[Infovis] BioVis meetup, 25th January 22

Helena Jambor helena.jambor at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 18 11:40:26 CET 2022

Dear friends of Bio and/or Vis,

join us on for our inaugural BioVis Meetup!

BioVis meetup:
Matthias Stahl, DER SPIEGEL
From bench to news site, Changing the world with data visualization.
Matthias is a PhD scientists, founder of design studio higsch, and now co-lead of Graphics & Interactive department at the leading German weekly, DER SPIEGEL. Matthias will describe his route from bacteria and childhood cancer to political news and how this is all connected by his passion for data and visualisations.

Time: Jan 25, 2022 05:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
Join Zoom Meeting
https://tu-dresden.zoom.us/j/89272023943?pwd=eUQ1TEtITXRCUEFRZGhNMi96VEczUT09

Meeting ID: 892 7202 3943
Passcode: 0.pG5*Vt

# BioVis meetups
The BioVis meetup is a new virtual seminar series organised by the BioVis network (http://biovis.net/) to complement the BioVis conferences at ISMB (July) and IEEE Vis (October). Why? We wanted to hang out more regularly with the BioVis community, with wet lab researchers, clinicians, bioinformaticians, visualisation researchers, designers, data scientists, all invested in biomedical data visualisation.

# Updates
All meetups will be posted on http://biovis.net/ and mailing lists.
 You can also join the BioVis-Meetup at groups.tu-dresden.de<mailto:BioVis-Meetup at groups.tu-dresden.de>. How: send email with subject 'subscribe' to BioVis-Meetup-request at groups.tu-dresden.de<mailto:BioVis-Meetup-request at groups.tu-dresden.de>
Problems? Contact helena.jambor at tu-dresden.de<mailto:helena.jambor at tu-dresden.de> and heba.sailem at eng.ox.ac.uk<mailto:heba.sailem at eng.ox.ac.uk>

Dr Helena JAMBOR

Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus
an der Technischen Universität Dresden