[Infovis] Invitation: Audio-Visual Analytics Community Meetup 25 Jan @ Zoom

Rind Alexander Alexander.Rind at fhstp.ac.at
Tue Jan 18 09:59:44 CET 2022

Dear all,

are you interested in combining visualization with sonification as additional modality?

To follow-up on the Audio-Visual Analytics workshop at IEEE VIS 2021, we are inviting you to the first informal AVAC Meet-Up
on the 25th of January 2022
at 6 pm (CET/Vienna) resp. 11 am (CT/Chicago)
via Zoom.

The Audio-Visual-Analytics Community (AVAC) is a young international community, interested in the combination of information visualization and sonification. More information can be found here: https://audio-visual-analytics.github.io/ The AVAC Meet-Up is a format we want to establish as a regular virtual meeting for our young community, to discuss ideas and projects of our members. We aim for one meeting every second month, lasting about 1,5 or 2 hours each. We will announce the meetings via our Discord server (https://discord.gg/P7XmGZYwX6).

Program:
We scheduled two presentations of about 15-minute presentations and 30-45 minutes for questions and discussions.
- Victor Schetinger (TU Wien) will tell us about his project "Xenakis: Experimenting With Data, Cities, and Sounds," that he also presented at the alt.VIS workshop at IEEE VIS 2021 (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2109.14992.pdf & https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_l47ltks=/?moveToWidget=3074457361915360658&cot=14).
- Elias Elmquist (Linköping University) will give insights into his project "Open Space Sonification: Complementing Visualization of the Solar System with Sound," which was awarded the best academic use of sound award and the best student paper award at ICAD 2021 (https://icad2021.icad.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/ICAD_2021_18.pdf).

We will use Zoom to meet virtually. Please contact Kajetan.enge at fhstp.ac.at or me to sign up for the meetup.

Best,
Alexander, on behalf of the AVAC organizers

Dipl.-Ing. Mag. Alexander Rind
Researcher
Institute of Creative\Media/Technologies
Department of Media and Digital Technologies

St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
Campus-Platz 1, A-3100 St. Pölten
office: A.3.21 or elsewhere
phone: +43/2742/313 228-653
e-mail: alexander.rind at fhstp.ac.at