[Infovis] EuroVis 2022 - Call for State of the Art Reports, deadline for sketches -- October 15, 2021

Turkay, Cagatay Cagatay.Turkay at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Sep 27 19:19:54 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

With this call, we invite submissions of high-quality State of the Art Reports (STAR) to be presented at the EuroVis 2022 conference (http://conferences.eg.org/eurovis2022/) and published in the Computer Graphics Forum journal<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14678659>. The EuroVis 2022 conference will be held in Rome, Italy on June 13-17, 2022 and further details could be accessed here: https://conferences.eg.org/eurovis2022/stars/ .

The STAR submissions go through a two-stage process, and the deadline for the first stage, i.e., submissions of STAR sketches of two pages (+references, +bibliography), is just around the corner on **October 15, 2021** and we look forward to receiving your submissions, details below.

For any questions, please contact us at stars at eurovis.org<mailto:stars at eurovis.org>

Best wishes,

Katerina, Stefan & Cagatay.

EuroVis 2022 - Call for State of the Art Reports

State-of-the-Art Reports (STARs) are intended to provide up-to-date and comprehensive surveys on topics of interest to the visualization research community. We encourage the submission of STARs on topics that have not yet been covered in any recent STAR or other survey.

We welcome submissions that introduce emerging areas of research that are of relevance and interest to visualization research, as well as proposals on more traditional visualization topics. We also welcome contributions from related disciplines and application areas demonstrating contributions to, or benefits from, the area of visualization including, but not limited to, visual computing, computer graphics, human-computer interaction, virtual reality, image processing, computer vision, psychology, geography, chemistry, computational fluid dynamics, data analysis, computational sciences, medicine, biology, economy, social science, etc. All accepted EuroVis STAR reports will be published in the Computer Graphics Forum journal<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14678659>.

Important Dates

Submission of STAR Sketch: October 15, 2021 (two pages, +references, +bibliography)

Invitation for full STAR submission: November 12, 2021

Submission of full STAR: February 1, 2022

Review notification: Mar 25, 2022

Second round submission: April 20, 2022

Second review notification: May 3, 2022

Camera-ready deadline: May 13, 2022

All deadlines are at 23:59 GMT on the date indicated.

Instructions

As part of the acceptance process for Computer Graphics Forum, STARs will undergo a multi-stage review process where authors first submit a 2-page STAR Sketch that they receive preliminary feedback on, followed by a full STAR submission. Upon acceptance, we aim to schedule each STAR as an approximately 45 minute presentation (subject to the schedule management of the EuroVis 2022 program). In any circumstance, a STAR presentation will be given a longer time slot than that of a full paper.

STAR Sketch Submission

A STAR Sketch briefly describes the planned STAR by outlining the topic, discussing its relevance to the visualization community, providing the planned structure and outline of the STAR together with all key references, and short biographies of the authors. The length of a STAR Sketch main text is limited to two pages. To demonstrate the relevant expertise needed to produce the proposed STAR, brief biographies of all authors are required as supplementary material. References and short biographies are considered supplementary pages and are not counted within the two page limit. Authors receive feedback on their sketches to help improve the submission and to inform their decisions whether to progress to the Full STAR submission stage.

Full STAR Submission

In the next stage, authors are required to submit a full STAR. There is no strict maximum length for full submissions. However, it is unusual for STARs to exceed 20 pages (excluding references). Full STAR submissions will then undergo a single blind, two-stage review process, similar to that of regular papers submitted to Computer Graphics Forum, where 3-4 external experts on the respective topic will evaluate the STAR.

STAR Chairs

Stefan Bruckner, University of Bergen, Norway

Cagatay Turkay, University of Warwick, UK

Katerina Vrotsou, Linköping University, Sweden

Further details of the conference and the call could be accessed through here: https://conferences.eg.org/eurovis2022/stars/