[Infovis] Updated: position in Data Visualization
sheelagh at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 26 01:44:47 CET 2021
Are you interested in building products that challenge conventions and improve people’s access and understanding of data that affects them? Do you like working on a diverse team and using your unique skills to help solve new technical challenges? If the answer is yes, then this opportunity might be for you!
The Interaction Experience Lab (ixlab) at Simon Fraser University is looking to hire a software developer who can implement interactive web-based data visualizations. This person will work closely with a visualization designer to develop prototypes and final products. The design and development team will work with Inuvialuit, Scientists, and Data-Managers to develop new empowering interfaces through iterative participatory design. This position is within the Canadian Consortium for Arctic Data Interoperability (CCADI).
ixlab – https://ixlab.cs.sfu.ca/
CCADI – https://ccadi.ca/
Position: Software Developer – Data Visualization
Hours per week: 40
Start Time: early 2021
Position Length: Ending Dec 31, 2021 with extensions possible.
Location: Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. Local candidates are preferred but, due to COVID-19, work is currently off-campus so remote candidates will be considered.
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution is preferred.
· OR Bachelors’ Degree in one of the aforementioned areas and at least two years of experience in web development, graphics programming, API integration, database connectivity or other relevant areas.
· OR a combination of education and experience that would meet the needs of this role.
The ideal applicant will have experience with:
· Implementing websites with responsive and accessibility practices
· Using web-based services (such as API) to fetch data from providers
· Agile and/or iterative development process
· Working with designers, stakeholders, and data experts
· Planning, deploying, and supporting software projects
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Please submit the following to Sarah_Storteboom at sfu.ca<mailto:Sarah_Storteboom at sfu.ca>
· Cover Letter
· Curriculum Vitae
· Names of two References
Applications will be reviewed starting January 30, 2021. Reviewing will continue until the position is filled
Dr. Sheelagh Carpendale
Professor, and Canada Research Chair: Information Visualization
School of Computing Science
School for Interactive Arts and Technologies
Simon Fraser University
At Simon Fraser University, we live and work on the unceded traditional territories of
the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and
Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
More information about the Infovis