[Infovis] Invitation to Attend: Machine Learning from User Interactions (MLUI) 2020 at IEEE VIS

John Wenskovitch johnwenskovitch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:21:08 CEST 2020

This year, the third instance of the MLUI workshop will kick off the IEEE
VIS conference on Sunday morning from 8:00-11:30 MDT.  Attendance to the
workshop is open to everyone and free with the accompanying registration
for IEEE VIS (http://ieeevis.org).

This year, we have two excellent keynote speakers to begin each session.
In the first session, Michael Sedlmair will present "Machine Learning meets
Visualization," discussing how the two fields can work together for mutual
benefit.  In the second session, Alvitta Ottley will present "Using Models
and Predictions to Help Humans and Computers Click," discussing the current
state and future of research in user modeling for data visualization.  Each
session will also contain shorter research talks, as well as some dedicated
time for discussion.