[Infovis] Invitation to IEEE VIS 2020 TREX Workshop, Sunday Oct. 25 12 - 3:30 pm (US Mountain Time)

Nourani,Mahsan mahsannourani at ufl.edu
Mon Oct 19 19:10:45 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

Please save the date: Sunday, October 25, 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm (US Mountain Time)

We would like to invite you to *virtually* attend our first workshop on TRust and EXpertise in Visual Analytics (TREX VIS 2020) that will take place in conjunction with IEEE VIS 2020. The workshop is focused on human-centered concerns, challenges, and considerations---such as trust, domain expertise, cognitive biases, and algorithmic transparency---with AI-powered visualization systems (especially visual analytics tools). Please help us spread the word to anyone who might be interested.

Aside from the amazing papers that got accepted and will be presented, we have three amazing invited speakers that will present timely and interesting talks:

- Steven Franconeri (Northwestern University): The psychology of Trust
- Jenn Wortman Vaughan (Microsoft Research): Intelligibility Throughout the Machine Learning Life Cycle
- Bum Chul Kwon (IBM Research): Towards Visual Analytics for AI Transparency and Trust in Healthcare