[Infovis] EuroVis STAR & Panel: Integrating Sonification and Visualization – But Why?

Rind Alexander Alexander.Rind at fhstp.ac.at
Tue May 7 12:47:46 CEST 2024

# Call for position statements, hypotheses, and thoughts.
# https://forms.office.com/e/zPQNm8kMdV (less than 2 minutes)

Dear colleagues,

The research communities studying visualization and sonification share exceptionally similar goals: They aim to make data interpretable to humans.

At the EuroVis conference in Odense on May 27-31, two sessions will focus on the *integration of visualization and sonification* into one form of audio-visual data display:

* A State-of-the-Art Report (https://arxiv.org/abs/2402.16558) will present existing work on Wednesday morning (*).
* A Panel session (https://arind.students.fhstp.ac.at/Rind_et_al_2024_Panel.pdf) will discuss opportunities for future work on Thursday afternoon (*).

During our panel, we wish to present position statements from both communities that rarely have the opportunity to meet and hear from each other.

We kindly ask you to support us with your thoughts, hypotheses, and statements regarding the integration of sonification and visualization.
Please read more about our thoughts on different motivations and respond via the textbox here (less than 2 minutes): https://forms.office.com/e/zPQNm8kMdV

Best,
Alexander Rind (on behalf of our coauthors)

(*) tentative schedule, timings are subject to change

Dipl.-Ing. Mag. Alexander Rind
Researcher
Institute of Creative\Media/Technologies
Department of Media and Digital Technologies

St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
Campus-Platz 1, A-3100 St. Pölten
office: A.3.35 (or elsewhere)
phone: +43/2742/313 228-653
e-mail: alexander.rind at fhstp.ac.at