[Infovis] [Call for Participation] @CHI24: Visualization Literacy Workshop

Lily Ge wanqian.ge at northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 26 22:13:14 CET 2024

Hope everyone is doing well! Please see the following call for participation for a CHI24 workshop on visualization literacy. Also feel free to forward to anyone who may be interested!

Toward a More Comprehensive Understanding of Visualization Literacy @ CHI24
We invite you to submit to our CHI 2024 workshop, which aims to facilitate and deepen critical discussions about how to define, study, and improve visualization literacy. Position papers are strongly encouraged. We aim for a workshop with lively discussion to help us move the field forward. Thus, we also accept early stage or in-progress work, which might benefit from discussion and feedback. We welcome submissions targeting questions including, but not limited to:

  *   What is “visualization literacy”?
  *   How can we more effectively measure visualization literacy?
  *   How can we design and develop interventions to reach a broader audience?
  *   How can we improve the teaching of visualizations?

Submissions are due Feb 29. More info: https://visualization-literacy.github.io/CHI2024/
[https://visualization-literacy.github.io/images/og-image.png]<https://visualization-literacy.github.io/CHI2024/>
Workshop: Toward a More Comprehensive Understanding of Visualization Literacy @CHI24<https://visualization-literacy.github.io/CHI2024/>