[Infovis] VDS 2023 - Submission deadline extension (Jul 20)

Ana Crisan ana.crisan at salesforce.com
Thu Jul 13 00:37:52 CEST 2023

We would like to invite you to submit your research to VDS'23, co-located
with IEEE VIS 2023 in Melbourne Australia. You can refer to the VDS website
<https://www.visualdatascience.org/2023/cfp/> for the latest details!
*Submissions
are open on PCS* (VGTC > VIS 2023 > VIS 2023 VDS) until July 20th 2023. See
additional submission information below:

*VDS Call for Participation*

We encourage you to submit original work that emphasizes the role,
application, and impact of visualization in data science. Accepted
submissions have the opportunity to present at VDS IEEE VIS
<http://ieeevis.org/year/2023/welcome>, and will be archived in the IEEE
Xplore digital library (associated publishing fees may apply). This event
accepts full and short paper submissions for talks.
Full Papers (up to 8 pages)

Paper submissions should describe the role, application, and impact of
visualization in data science. We would like to particularly encourage
papers that cross disciplinary boundaries and show how visualization in
data science can be a catalyst for discovery. Accepted papers will be
archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library (associated publishing fees may
apply). In addition, we plan to recommend extended versions of selected
papers in a special issue of the journal, IEEE Transactions on
Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).

Papers that integrate visualization with any stages of the data science
pipeline (collecting data, cleaning data, mining data, exploring data, and
communicating data) would be welcome as submissions to VDS.
Short Papers (up to 4 pages)

We also accept short papers, with similar themes as described in the Full
Paper track above. However, we will not recommend extended versions of the
short papers to IEEE TVCG due to their shorter length.
Review Process (Double blind)

Paper submissions will be managed by the Program Chairs and sent to the
Program Committee to evaluate the work’s novelty and significance. Your
work reviewed via a double-blind process; to do this, simply be sure to
exclude all identifying information in the submitted manuscript file,
ensuring that the reviewers will not know the identity of the authors.
Otherwise, the review process will be single-blind, i.e., the reviewers
will know the identity of the authors, but the authors will not know the
identity of the reviewers.
Paper Submission and Formatting Guidelines

Submissions should be no more than 8 pages long excluding references for
full papers – and 4 pages for short papers. Papers should follow the
formatting guidelines for IEEE VIS TVCG Journal submissions
<https://tc.computer.org/vgtc/publications/journal>. Papers should include
full-color figures throughout and we encourage authors to showcase their
work with annotated, well described, large, and detailed graphics. We also
encourage the placement of a teaser image at the top of the very first page
to showcase your work visually.
Submission Systems & DatesVDS @ VISVDS @ VIS Submission System

To submit a paper please use the Precision Conference System
<https://new.precisionconference.com/submissions>. After logging in go to
“submissions”, please do following selections: “VGTC” (Society) -> “VDS
2023” (Conference/Journal) -> “VDS 2023 Papers” (Track) for VDS 2023.
VDS @ VIS Important Dates

Thur, Jul. 20th, 2023 11:59 pm AOE: Paper and Abstract Submission

Thur, Aug. 10, 2023 11:59 pm AOE: Author Notification

Thur, Aug. 29, 2023 11:59 pm AOE: Camera-ready Copy for Accepted Submissions

Sun, Oct. 16 (tentative), 2023: VDS Workshop at IEEE VIS