[Infovis] Seeking Participants for Experiment on Visualization Design

Hannah Katserdemwa Bako hbako at umd.edu
Thu Jan 19 21:53:28 CET 2023

Are you passionate about advancing research in data science and data
visualization? Do you have experience designing, implementing, and using
visualizations? Then this email is for you! We are conducting a study to
understand how visualization examples influence the design ideas that
designers like you create. We are seeking out participants for an 80-minute
study (no more than 2 hours). In the session, you will be required to
brainstorm and create interesting data visualizations. The one-time session
is entirely remote.

This is an opportunity to be an active contributor to current and future
research in data science and data visualization. We will collect data on
your thought process while brainstorming and creating ideas.  Personal
demographic data will also be collected.  Your participation is completely
voluntary and any data you share with us will be de-identified.

To participate in this study you must meet the following criteria:
1) Be over the age of 18
2) Have at least 3 months of experience designing and creating
visualizations.
3) Currently live, work, or go to school in the United States of America

You will be compensated with a $20 gift card for participating in this
study. If you are interested please complete this survey
https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_0dfSGf6uWqmPMii.

If you have any questions, please send an email to hbako at umd.edu.

Thank you for your time.

Hannah Bako