[Infovis] Graduate Research Internship (Summer '23)

Fritz Lekschas fritz at ozette.com
Tue Nov 29 16:05:10 CET 2022

Are you a PhD student interested in how data visualization, human-computer
interaction, human-centered ML/AI, and computational biology can help
scientists better understand the human immune system?

At Ozette (https://ozette.com), a biotech startup from Fred Hutch and AI2,
we are looking for a summer intern to research with us on the
above-mentioned and related areas. If this sounds interesting to you, feel
free to reach out to me (fritz at ozette.com) and apply at
https://www.ozette.com/careers-apply/?jobid=4739131004#job-apply.

Thanks,
Fritz

---

GRADUATE RESEARCH INTERNSHIP

ABOUT US:
Ozette is a biotech startup that set out to develop a revolutionary immune
profiling platform to turn data into actionable, interactive insights. Each
year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and more. The
immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however,
it remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to
provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock
its power.

If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore
interning with our innovative and creative team for three months. You will
work on some of the most exciting initiatives by combining human-centered
AI/ML and interactive visual interfaces to help solve scientific questions
and aid interpretability.

WHAT YOU’LL DO AT OZETTE:
- Conduct cutting-edge research involving but not limited to data
visualization, HCI, human-centered ML (CV/NLP), and computational biology

WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU ARE:
- Enrolled in a PhD program in a computational field
- Excited about interdisciplinary research problems
- Excited about conducting rigorous research and writing high-quality
software

WHY YOU WILL LOVE INTERNING WITH US:
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team
known for its products and services, high standards, employee development
and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive
to give you everything you need to do good research and beyond.

As an intern at an early stage startup, your research will have a direct
impact on our products and will advance some of the most exciting
initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant
user experience. We strive to publish the research you'll conduct during
the internship.

Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we
take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful,
diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute
and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all
backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community.
Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are
particularly welcomed.

--

Fritz Lekschas, PhD

Head of Visualization Research | fritz at ozette.com

Better data for better outcomes

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, may
include privileged, confidential or, inside information. Any distribution
or use of the communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s)
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then
delete it from your system. Thank you.