[Infovis] Infovis course/datasets..

Kalpathi Subramanian krs at uncc.edu
Sun Nov 27 15:59:21 CET 2022

Hi.. I am teaching our Infovis course after a very long time this
Spring. The last time I taught there were no textbooks to speak of.. we
have come a long way in that regard..

I would like recommendations for datasets that I can use in course
assignments/projects. Ideally, datasets that are paired with key
visualization concepts. Any pointers on this?  I will be using D3js as
part of the course and been trying to do a crash course on that in
preparation for the course and slowly getting the hang of it.

Plan to cover the following topics (as of now!)

Human Perception and Information Processing

Data Foundations (types, distributions, etc)

Geospatial  data Vis

Multivariate Vis

Time Varying Vis

Interaction Concepts, Techniques

Visualization Evaluation/Design

(using a combination of 2-3 books - Munzner, Few, Ward)

Thanks.

     -- krs

--
Kalpathi Subramanian                                   Ph: 704 687 8579
Associate Professor                                    Email: krs at uncc.edu