[Infovis] Summer Research Internship

Fritz Lekschas lekschas at g.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:10:29 CEST 2022

Are you a student interested in how data visualization, human-computer interaction, and human-centered machine learning can help scientists better understand the human immune system?

At Ozette (https://ozette.ai), a new biotech startup from Fred Hutch and AI2, we are looking for a summer intern to research with us on the above-mentioned and related areas. If this sounds interesting to you, please reach out to me (fritz at ozette.com).

Thanks,
Fritz

Fritz Lekschas, PhD | Research Scientist at Ozette | fritz at ozette.com

---

ABOUT US:
Ozette is a biotech startup that set out to develop a revolutionary immune profiling platform to turn data into actionable, interactive insights. Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, it remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power.
Our founders are leading experts in data science and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital.

OPPORTUNITY:
If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore interning with our innovative, creative team over the summer. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives by combining human-centered AI/ML and interactive visual interfaces to help solve scientific questions and aid interpretability.
We have several research opportunities involving but not limited to data visualization, HCI, and human-centered ML. We strive to publish the internship work if possible.

ABOUT YOU:
You are a student enrolled in a computational field and feel excited/confident to tackle challenging research questions that have practical impact in computational immunology and computer science alike.

WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH OZETTE:
At the heart of great companies are great teams. Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its innovation, products, and high standards. Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community.