[Infovis] Subjects Needed for a Visualization Study

Hannah Katserdemwa Bako hbako at umd.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:58:51 CET 2021

Hello All,

Are you interested in participating in cutting edge research on state-of-the-art visualization systems? Then please consider participating in our online user study!

We are conducting an online study to measure the relationship between creativity and insight during data exploration. We are seeking out participants for a one-time 55-minute study (no more than 1.5 hours) that will require you to perform data exploration using industry standard business analytics tools. In the session, you will use an analytics tool to explore a dataset, and complete a series of surveys to measure creativity, as well as a demographic survey

This is an opportunity to be an active contributor to current and future data science research. Participation is completely voluntary and the experience and data you share will be anonymous. Personal demographic data, answers to survey questions, and interaction logs will be collected, anonymized, and shared as a public resource for data science research.

To participate in this study you must:
1) Be 18 or older
2) Have at least basic visualization or data analysis experience such as with Excel, Tableau, JupyterLab, or Vega-Lite.

You will be compensated with a $20 Amazon gift card for participating in this study. If you are interested, please complete this survey https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_1X67xoWSOVoTnLw <https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_1X67xoWSOVoTnLw>.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Hannah at hbako at umd.edu <mailto:hbako at umd.edu>.

Thank you for your time.

Principal Investigator:
Leilani Battle, Ph.D.