[Infovis] Job Announcement: University Assistant (prae doc) at the Research Group Visualization and Data Analysis, University of Vienna

Michaela Hubweber michaela.hubweber at univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 12 11:16:19 CEST 2021

The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 15.10.2021 of a

University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Research Group Visualization and Data Analysis

Reference number: 12127

The research group Visualization and Data Analysis (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Torsten Möller, Dr. Laura Koesten) at the Faculty of Computer Sciences invites applications for the position of a research assistant aiming at a PhD degree. We seek a highly motivated PhD researcher with a background in computer science or a related field.
We expect a high motivation to learn and engage with real world data, people and problems in an interdisciplinary setting. The successful applicant has the opportunity to propose their own project idea or to work in collaboration with the project “Transparent and explainable models”, funded by the Vienna Science and Technology Fund (WWTF) described below.
The applicant should be confident in engaging with different audiences and bring motivation to write scientific papers for journals and conferences. There will be the possibility to collaborate with other students.
We offer a pleasant work environment within a friendly, dynamic, international and young team in Vienna, one of the cities with the highest quality of life worldwide. The working language is English, and we are committed to diversity and inclusion. There are many opportunities to grow academically as well as personally, including the opportunity to act as possible team leads in research projects, engage in exchanges on an international scale and develop contacts to industry. We provide a close and supportive supervision of the thesis work and a highly collaborative research environment. There is an option to extend the contract after the PhD defense in the context of further academic training.
The University of Vienna intends to increase the number of women on its faculty, particularly in high-level positions, and therefore specifically invites applications by women.
Your application: Applications including a letter of motivation (English or German), your curriculum vitae (CV), a list of publications and teaching experience (if applicable) and copies of degree certificates should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at <http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at/>), mentioning the reference number. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.

For the full description of this position, please see:
https://univis.univie.ac.at/ausschreibungstellensuche/flow/bew_ausschreibung-flow?_flowExecutionKey=_c5273E4EC-4A96-47C7-E0AB-62B03C6FA334_k14BC0E46-9C31-2FD8-3686-F594E1D63CB0&tid=86691.28 <https://univis.univie.ac.at/ausschreibungstellensuche/flow/bew_ausschreibung-flow?_flowExecutionKey=_c5273E4EC-4A96-47C7-E0AB-62B03C6FA334_k14BC0E46-9C31-2FD8-3686-F594E1D63CB0&tid=86691.28>