[Infovis] Data Visualization Internships at Epsilon

Timothy Luciani tluciani21 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 00:07:06 CET 2021

Data Visualization Intern

Company: Publicis Epsilon

City: Chicago, IL Data Visualization Intern

*Job Description*

Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction
management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences
into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products
and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial
strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over
five decades working with the industry's top brands. Our human-powered,
data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help
brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business
outcomes.

Epsilon is seeking a* Data Visualization Intern*! As a Data Visualization
Intern, you will be at the leading edge for creating innovative
visualization systems that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s
digital marketing platform directly to our internal analysts, customers and
stakeholders. Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of
detailed profiles across hundreds of millions of websites and apps tied
together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous
decisions on messaging to those profiles billions of times a day. This
provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers
that are hidden within petabytes of data. You will be a key team member
creating effective visualization tools that use the data to answer those
questions in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner.

*Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below: *

   - Develop a basic understanding of digital marketing and Epsilon’s
   personalization platform
   - Use your visualization expertise to research and recommend the best
   approaches to solving one of our technology and business problems
   - Implement and validate your solution
   - Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Epsilon’s
   production systems
   - Document and present your approach

*Qualifications: * (the ideal candidate will have some combination of
skills and experience from the list below)

   - Required: PhD level candidates, with significant course, research
   and/or commercial experience in data visualization
   - Solid foundational understanding and experience with data
   visualization principles and tools
   - Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative
   team with shared and overlapping responsibilities
   - Practical real-world UX/UI experience
   - Experience with data science, clustering and machine learning
   - Experienced with one of D3.js, WebGL, or Three.js. As an alternative,
   Expert level Tableau skills with a portfolio of advanced charting will be
   considered
   - Solid JavaScript programming skills
   - Experience with statistics and big data analytics techniques
   - Experience with Node.js and/or React
   - Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Elastic Search, NoSQL,
   SQL)

*Additional Information*

*Great People, Deserve Great Benefits*
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in
the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here,
expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless
opportunities to advance your career.

Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  Epsilon’s policy is not to
discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived
race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability,
religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
(including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories.

Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to
complete the application process.

https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/PublicisGroupe/743999726755899-data-visualization-intern?trid=9c1639ab-ba7e-4e92-a065-fb286394af8b

Tim Luciani

Senior Data Visualization Scientist, Decision Sciences

Epsilon