[Infovis] Subjects needed for Visualization User Study

Hannah Katserdemwa Bako hbako at umd.edu
Mon Jan 4 19:21:32 CET 2021

Greetings,

Are you interested in participating in cutting edge research on the development of state-of-the-art visualization systems? Then this email is for you!

We are conducting an online study on the usability of recommendation tools for the creation of interactive visualizations. We are seeking out participants for a 65-minute study (no more than 2 hours) that will require you to try out new data science techniques, create astonishing visualizations, and interact with a state-of-the-art visualization system. In the session, you will use a new visualization tool and provided datasets to create visualizations that highlight the requested properties. This session will be followed by a brief interview. You will only be interviewed once.

This is an opportunity to be an active contributor to current and future data science research. Participation is completely voluntary and the experience and data you share will be anonymous. Personal demographic data, answers to interview questions, and interaction logs will be collected and shared after being anonymized.

To participate in this study you must meet the following criteria:
1) Be over the age of 18
2)  Have greater than three months of experience using D3.js
3) Have at least basic visualization or data analysis experience.

You will be compensated with a $20 Amazon gift card for participating in this study. If you are interested, please send an email to hbako at umd.edu <mailto:hbako at umd.edu>.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time.

Hannah Bako,
Graduate Student
University of Maryland, College Park