[Infovis] Participate in the 4th Visualization for Communication Workshop

Arcia, Adriana aa2594 at cumc.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 16 22:08:37 CEST 2021

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:
The 4th Visualization for Communication Workshop (VisComm 2021<http://viscomm.io/>)
An IEEE Visualization<http://ieeevis.org> Workshop
October 24 or 25

While the visualization field consists of researchers exploring how people perceive information and different data visualization tools and platforms, there is an even larger community of analysts, practitioners, and organizations who are creating data and information visualizations and communicating their work every day.
The VisComm workshop brings together practitioners and researchers from a broad range of disciplines to address questions raised by the new and evolving role of data and information visualization in our everyday lives. We encourage participation from journalists, designers, practitioners, health communicators and others who do not typically attend the IEEE Visualization<http://ieeevis.org> conference.

Participation
We invite contributions from any discipline, but particularly encourage those using visualization to communicate, such as journalists and designers. Scientific contributions addressing such use are welcome as well.
VisComm seeks:

  *   Short research papers and short position papers (2-6 pages long including references)
  *   Visual case studies which allow visualization practitioners to present their visualizations, and discuss how they were designed and received by their audience (1 page write-up; optional supplemental video up to 5min).
  *   Late-breaking works in progress in which submitters solicit feedback from attendees (1 page abstract).
See viscomm.io<https://viscomm.io> for full submission guidelines. Submissions should follow the VGTC Formatting Guidelines<http://vgtc.org/publications/journal>. Submit via Precision Conference<http://new.precisionconference.com>.
Be Part of the VisComm Community
At VisComm, we want to provide avenues for collaboration and networking. We are creating a directory of people willing to be contacted about their areas of expertise. The directory will be unveiled during VIS week and thereafter will be available to anyone who signs up for the VisComm email list. Follow this link to add your entry to the directory<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QhT9Iav6yym4TAlSdJOmJ38ZbPoJKoyl64UwrzadOTw/edit?usp=sharing>.
Dates
Papers and Visual Case Studies due: June 15, 2021
Late-breaking Works in Progress due: September 23, 2021

Organizers
Barbara Millet<https://com.miami.edu/profile/barbara-millet/>, University of Miami (bmillet at miami.edu<mailto:bmillet at miami.edu>)
Jonathan Schwabish<https://policyviz.com/>, Urban Institute (jschwabish at urban.org<mailto:jschwabish at urban.org>)
Alvitta Ottley<https://engineering.wustl.edu/Profiles/Pages/Alvitta-Ottley.aspx>, Washington University in St. Louis (alvitta at wustl.edu<mailto:alvitta at wustl.edu>)