[Infovis] Invitation to IEEE VIS Workshop on VisActivities to Facilitate Learning, Reflecting, Designing, and Discussing on Monday Oct-26, 2020

Benjamin Bach bbach at inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 12 09:25:35 CEST 2020

Dear Colleague(s),

We warmly invite you to our IEEE VIS Workshop on VisActivities to Facilitate Learning, Reflecting, Designing, and Discussing on Monday Oct 26, 8:00am-11:25am (Mountain Time - USA, http://visactivities.github.io <http://visactivities.github.io/>). Participation is free for everyone registering (for free) to the IEEE VIS conference (http://ieeevis.org/year/2020/info/registration/conference-registration <http://ieeevis.org/year/2020/info/registration/conference-registration>).
Help us spread the word!

The workshop will be streamed through Zoom and is split into two parts:

Part I: Paper presentations (https://visactivities.github.io/#papers)
Part II: Workshop on creating and discussing (novel) data visualization activities to address challenges in teaching, reflection or design. This is an active hands-on activity and if you would like to participante, please fill this very short questionnaire: https://forms.gle/qbCCrZz92xAoJgYv8 <https://forms.gle/qbCCrZz92xAoJgYv8>
Thanks and congratulations to all the authors for their accepted papers (https://visactivities.github.io/#papers <https://visactivities.github.io/#papers>)!

The workshop is preceded by a panel on teaching visualization in the IEEE VIS Workshop on Creation, Curation, and Conditioning on  Principles and Guidelines in Visualization (https://nms.kcl.ac.uk/c4pgv <https://nms.kcl.ac.uk/c4pgv>) on Sunday, Oct-25, 2020 at 8am Mountain Time.

We would also like to point you to our CG&A Special Issue on Visualization Education and Teaching Visualization Literacy with a paper deadline on April 28: https://www.computer.org/digital-library/magazines/cg/call-for-papers-special-issue-on-visualization-education-and-teaching-visualization-literacy <https://www.computer.org/digital-library/magazines/cg/call-for-papers-special-issue-on-visualization-education-and-teaching-visualization-literacy>

Looking forward to see you at the workshop!
VisActivities Workshop organizers
Samuel Huron <https://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/shuron/#!index.md>, Telecom Paris, Institut Polytechnique de Paris
Benjamin Bach <http://benjbach.me/>, University of Edinburgh
Uta Hinrichs <http://utahinrichs.de/>, University of St. Andrews