[Infovis] Understanding how PhD candidates in visualization research handle failures

shivam agarwal shivam.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 22:02:39 CEST 2020

Hi all,

We hope you all are doing great.

Facing paper rejections is not a pleasant experience. While there are many
resources on how to do visualization research, we lack discourse on
handling these rejections. Aiming to address this, we are working on a
research project to understand how PhD students in visualization research
handle failures in the form of paper rejections.

We have created a questionnaire that is accessible via the following link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSrL00g5u0VjDBlhxPps7xqcRpkbRNch8ZPuGVf5qRrX_Wwg/viewform

If you are/were pursuing a PhD in visualization research, it is our humble
request to please participate in the above questionnaire. In case you
supervise PhD students in the field of visualization research, kindly
forward the message to your students.

Participation is anonymous, and we do not ask for any personal information.

Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

Thanks and regards,

Shivam Agarwal / Shahid Latif

shivam.agarwal at paluno.uni-due.de

shahid.latif at paluno.uni-due.de