[Infovis] IEEE AIVR workshop on Immersive Analytics (ImAna 2020)

Hürst, W.O. (Wolfgang) huerst at uu.nl
Tue Aug 25 17:00:03 CEST 2020

IMMERSIVE ANALYTICS workshop (ImAna 2020)
In conjunction with IEEE AIVR
Dec 14-18, 2020, http://ieee-aivr.org

Immersive analytics (IA) is an interdisciplinary research field that uses VR/AR to create truly immersive and interactive representations of big data for a better analysis and understanding. In this Immersive Analytics workshop (ImAna), we want to explore the state of the art in IA, identify problems and major challenges, and look into recent improvements and promising ideas.
We are inviting contributions in the form of scientific papers and video demonstrations in all domains related to immersive analytics. We are particulary interested in examples that show how AI and VR/AR can be brought together to create and improve IA. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* IA systems, system design, implementation, toolkits
* IA applications, use cases, case studies, experiences
* Innovative VR/AR usage for IA (ideally with potential for including AI techniques)
* Innovative AI usage for IA (ideally with potential for integration into VR/AR systems)
* IA interaction, authoring and creation of IA systems, collaboration
* Human factors, multimodality, social aspects, evaluations
* Theoretical frameworks, models, position statements, surveys

For details about submission please refer to the workshop's website at
https://aivr.science.uu.nl/ImAna2020/

IMPORTANT DATES:
* Sep 24, 2020: submission deadline
* Oct 16, 2020: author notification
* Oct 30, 2020: camera ready and registration deadline

The workshop will be integrated into the IEEE AIVR 2020 conference, which takes place online from Dec 14-18, 2020. Accepted submissions will be included into the conference proceedings and published in IEEE Xplore.