[Infovis] Visual Analytics in Healthcare Workshop call open until 8/31

Arcia, Adriana aa2594 at cumc.columbia.edu
Sat Aug 8 20:11:46 CEST 2020

VAHC 2020 at AMIA Virtual: Paper, Poster, and Demo Submissions due August 31st, 2020
New this year: we are accepting visual approaches for gaining insights into COVID-19.
https://www.visualanalyticshealthcare.org/ .

Topics and Scope
We will welcome discussions of the use of visual approaches, interaction design, statistical methods, and machine learning for healthcare data analysis. Participants may address the needs of a variety of users, including clinical researchers, epidemiologists, public health analysts, pharmacovigilance experts, physicians, hospital-based quality assurance officers, insurance claim analysts, and patients.

Paper Submission and Format Guidelines
We encourage a diverse range of submissions and demonstrations from academia, healthcare organizations, and industry that address any of the topics listed above. As logistical arrangements for the workshop have not yet been made, agenda and format remain to be determined. However, we are hoping to support (1) paper / podium presentations, (2) poster presentations, and (3) live & interactive system demonstrations:

Paper: submissions are limited to eight pages.
Poster: abstract submissions are limited to two pages.
Demonstration: abstract submissions are limited to two pages.
Updates will be provided as we work with the AMIA conference team to determine the exact schedule and nature of the workshop.

Accepted papers, posters, and demonstration abstracts will be included in the VAHC online proceedings.
Note that workshops are not archival, and prior submission is allowed. We are accepting submissions for work previously accepted elsewhere to foster increased discussion and dissemination of ideas from a wide variety of venues.

Blind submissions are not required.
More information can be seen at https://www.visualanalyticshealthcare.org/ . Submissions can be made through EasyChair. Contact vahc.sig (at) gmail.com or any of the co-chairs for questions.

Important Dates
Deadline for submission: August 31
Notification of acceptance: September 30
Camera-ready papers due: October 19
Workshop: November 14

Organizing Committee
Harry Hochheiser, PhD, University of Pittsburgh, PA (co-chair)
Bum-Chul (BC) Kwon, PhD, IBM T.J. Watson, NY (co-chair)
Danny T.Y. Wu, PhD, MSI, University of Cincinnati, OH (co-chair)
Adriana Arcia, PhD, RN, Columbia University, NY
David Borland, PhD, RENCI, NC
Annie T. Chen, PhD, University of Washington, WA
Naleef Fareed, PhD, Ohio State University, OH
Swami Kandaswamy, PhD, Emory University, GA
Mustafa Ozkaynak. PhD, University of Colorado, CO

Steering Committee
Jesus J. Caban, PhD, NICoE, Walter Reed, MD
David Gotz, PhD, UNC Chapel Hill, NC
Jeremy Warner, MD, MS, Vanderbilt University, TN