[Infovis] VIS Summer Camp 202

Remco Chang remco at cs.tufts.edu
Mon Nov 4 03:14:17 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

Kristi Potter and I are running the VIS Summer Camp again this coming year.
VIS Summer Camp is an annual event that promotes a peer support and
mentoring group that helps to develop junior faculty without tenure in
Northern America whose research area spans visualization. This experience
provides a unique mentoring opportunity that complements the available
resources to faculty who are starting to navigate the world of academia and
aids their transition from graduate school or postdoctoral positions to the
next stages of their career.

In its 5th year, the VIS Summer Camp has hosted two cohorts of assistant
professors in visualization. Continuing the tradition, we are looking to
identify and develop the third cohort! A website describing past VIS Summer
Camps can be found here: https://vissummercamp.github.io/

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please feel free to
email us (remco at cs.tufts.edu) or fill out the form on the website. We will
be delighted to hear from you!

Remco and Kristi

--