[Infovis] TVX 2019 -- Early Bird Registration Extended to 15th May

Jonathan Hook jonathan.hook at york.ac.uk
Wed May 8 19:47:31 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that the early bird registration deadline for TVX 2019 has been extended to the 15th May 2019.

This year’s conference takes place across two exciting venues in MediaCityUK, Manchester’s world-leading hub for creative media and technology innovation. Days 1 & 2 are held in The Lowry, a cultural centre that comprises two large theatres, a gallery exhibiting the work of the early 20th century painter L. S. Lowry and other facilities including bars, restaurants and shops. The third day of the conference — a ‘bazaar’ of interactive sessions and exhibits designed to provoke discussion, networking and collaboration amongst researchers and industry — takes place right in the heart of the BBC’s Manchester headquarters, Quay House. As home to major broadcasters and technology companies including the BBC, ITV, Ericsson and dock10, as well as more than 250 smaller media and digital businesses, we believe MediaCityUK is the ideal place for TVX to showcase cutting edge online, interactive and immersive video research and practice.

Alongside our high quality programme of research papers, workshops, demos, work in progress, doctoral consortium and industry talks (inc. Samsung, BT, BBC, ESL, TNO), we are excited to have three inspiring keynotes by thought leaders from academia and industry. These will be presented by Andy Conroy who is Controller of Research and Development at the BBC; Geraint Wiggins who is Professor of Computational Creativity at VUB and at Queen Mary University of London; and Simon Lumb who is a Senior Research and Development Producer at the BBC.

You can reserve your place now and find out more about the programme on our website:

https://tvx.acm.org/2019/registration/ <https://tvx.acm.org/2019/registration/>

We hope that you look forward to the conference with as much excitement as we do, and hope to see you in Manchester!

Jon Hook, Marian Ursu, Phil Stenton
TVX 2019 General Chairs