[Infovis] Funded PhD Places in HCI / UX / Interactive Media / Immersive Tech / Digital Storytelling at the University of York

Jonathan Hook jonathan.hook at york.ac.uk
Wed Mar 13 16:22:55 CET 2019

Dear all,

We have funded PhD places in our department here at York. While our department is named Theatre, Film and Television, we have an established and exciting HCI / UX / Interactive Media / Immersive Tech  group that would welcome applicants in these areas for the bursaries.

If you'd like any more information, please drop me an email.

Cheers,

Jon

---

TFTV PhD student bursaries (applications due 29 March)

The Department of Theatre, Film and Television at the University of York invites applications for a bursary for new and first-year PhD students.  The bursary will provide home/EU tuition and a stipend worth £15,000 per annum for a period of up to three years.

All of the following students are welcome to apply:
· Current first-year PhD students  and new PhD applicants, for any start date in 2018-19 or 2019-20
· UK, EU and international students (international students, please note that the bursary will only cover tuition at the home/EU rate; you will need to cover the remainder of your tuition from other sources)
· Part-time and full-time students
· PhD by research and PhD by creative practice

To apply, both of the following must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday, 29 March, 2019:
· your application for admission to the PhD (you do not need to have an offer by that date, but your complete application must be submitted).  For more information see https://www.york.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/apply/
· the google form available here:   https://goo.gl/forms/bxWpRIvs2wXuD6lo2

Applications will be assessed on the quality of your degree qualifications and the project proposal accompanying your application for admission (the fit of the research with the department and the quality of the research that is being proposed).

Jonathan Hook
Senior Lecturer in Interactive Media
Department of Theatre, Film and Television
University of York, Baird Lane, YO10 5GB
+44 (0)1904 325238
www.jonhook.co.uk <http://www.jonhook.co.uk/>