[Infovis] New Assistant Professor Position at the University of Calgary

Wesley Willett wesley.willett at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jul 17 19:09:15 CEST 2018

The University of Calgary is hiring again for an Assistant Professor
position in our new Data Science program (
http://careers.ucalgary.ca/jobs/2849531-assistant-professor-data-science-department-of-computer-science).
The hire is part of our move to build out new undergraduate and graduate
Data Science programs and expand our research capacity, all with a big
emphasis on visualization. New hires would have a chance to collaborate
with visualization faculty in the Interactions Lab (
http://ilab.cpsc.ucalgary.ca) and play a big role in helping craft these
new programs.

As an aside – I am not on the hiring committee, but I know a lot about the
position and the particulars of the call so I would be happy to chat with
anyone who's interested and provide more info (wesley.willett at ucalgary.ca).
If anyone knows good post-docs or PhD students who are on the market now
(or if any of you are fancying a move to/within Canada), it would be great
to connect!

The deadline for applications is **September 15, 2018** or until filled.