[Infovis] Short-term Visual Analytics Postdoc Position

David S. Ebert ebertd at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Jan 4 21:01:29 CET 2017

Short-term Visual Analytics Postdoc Position

Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN

We invite applications for a short-term postdoctoral researcher in visual
analytics, visualization, and big data analytics across a wide spectrum of
application areas. The successful candidate will perform research in visual
analytics projects, big data analytics projects, lead research activities
within the group, and interface with renowned academic research groups in
visual analytics around the world. We are the lead of the Visualization
Sciences Center of Excellence funded by U.S. DHS with additional funding,
from DOD, NSF, and other government agencies. We have 26 partner
institutions across the world. We have many interesting projects working on
real data and great challenging projects.  VACCINE is working closely with
collaborators including health and public safety departments, medical
doctors, US Coast Guard, TSA, computational scientists, combustion
engineers, soundscape ecologists, businesses, and researchers in science,
engineering, and economics.

The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. with strong research background in one of
the following: visual analytics, geospatial and temporal analysis,
statistics, visualization, cognitive science, human computer interaction,
big data, computer graphics or a closely related field. Both beginning and
senior postdoctoral candidates are encouraged to apply.  Excellent oral and
written communication skills are mandatory.

Starting date is January/February 2017 and the length can be 6-9 months.
Extension of the term of postdoc into 2018 depends on the availability of
funding.

Applications including a CV and a research statement should be sent to David
Ebert (ebertd at purdue.edu <mailto:ebertd at purdeu.edu> ).

Sincerely,

David

-----

Dr. David S. Ebert,  Silicon Valley Professor of ECE, Purdue University

Director, Visual Analytics for Command, Control, and Interoperability
Environments

    <http://www.visualanalytics-cci.org/> http://www.VisualAnalytics-CCI.org

Director, Purdue Visualization and Analytics Center,
<http://www.purvac.org/> www.purvac.org

 <mailto:ebertd at purdue.edu> ebertd at purdue.edu
<http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~ebertd> http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~ebertd