[Infovis] internship opportunities at Nokia Bell Labs Cambridge

Daniele Quercia daniele.quercia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:33:10 CET 2017

Dear all,

The Social Dynamics team at Cambridge (UK) is looking for summer interns to
work on the following internship projects (also available on
http://researchswinger.org/hiring.html):

1. Urban Emotions and Touchy Maps - Enrolled in Phd in Computer
Vision/Multimedia, Experience with deep learning for image analysis and
with large-scale multimedia retrieval and processing

2. Visual Psychology - BSc or above in Computer Science, Interaction
Design, or related fields; experience in designing Facebook apps, client
(HTML5, Javascript) and server side development

3. Familiar Strangers - Enrolled in MSc/PhD in computer vision. Experience
with face recognition and deep learning

4. Social Vitality of Cities - BSc or above in Computer Science or related
fields. Experience with web data collection from API and scraping, GIS
tools, and python development. Basic network analysis knowledge.

4. The Nature of Social Ties - Enrolled in MSc/PhD in Computational Social
Science or Social Psychology; experience in designing Facebook apps and in
running crowdsourcing experiments.

To learn more about our research, please check our sites -
researchswinger.org, lajello.com, visionresearchwitch.com, and
goodcitylife.org

If you would like to apply, please send me your CV by *March 6th*. I would
be happy to answer any question.

Please feel free to forward this call to anybody who might be interested.

cheers,
- daniele