[Infovis] Survey: Values in Visualization Work

Jaime Snyder jas1208 at uw.edu
Sat Apr 22 18:29:11 CEST 2017

Values in Visualization Work

Building on recent conversations in the visualization community, including the survey by Meeks et al., this questionnaire will help us better understand the work practices and values of people who create visualizations and visualization systems. Responses will enable us to characterize motivations, priorities, and standards of folks within the visualization community.

This survey should take about 20 minutes to complete. It begins by asking you for basic information about yourself, your training, and your background.  Next, we ask you to reflect on what is most important to you when you are doing visualization work.

All questions are optional, though we ask you to try to answer each of them as best you can. At the conclusion of the survey, you can sign up for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card (1 for every 100 participants).

This work is being conducted by researchers at the University of Washington. If you have questions or comments, please contact Jaime Snyder (jas1208 at uw.edu<mailto:jas1208 at uw.edu>, @jay_ess).

Thanks!

Jaime Snyder
Assistant Professor, Information School
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington
jas1208 at uw.edu<mailto:jas1208 at uw.edu>
206-616-1094