[Infovis] Multiple Tenure-Track Positions at Worcester Polytechnic Institute

Lane Harrison ltharrison at WPI.EDU
Sun Oct 23 21:59:58 CEST 2016

WPI is hiring with a particular focus in Visualization, HCI, and Data
Science this year.
Find me at VIS to learn more!

~~~

WPI invites applications for a tenure track (open rank) Professor positions
with a research focus in Computer Science to begin in the Fall of 2017.

The Computer Science Department anticipates hiring multiple tenure-track
faculty for the Fall of 2017 whose expertise is in the following areas: 1)
User Interfaces and Visualization; 2) Mobile and Sensor Software Systems;
and 3) Dependable Software Systems; 4) Data Science in areas such as
machine learning, large-scale data management, and big data analytics,
joining faculty in our interdisciplinary Data Science program; 5) Robotics,
joining faculty in our interdisciplinary Robotics Engineering program; and
6) Interactive Media and Game Development, joining faculty in our
interdisciplinary Interactive Media & Game Development program.

Candidates should have a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related
field, and the potential for excellence in research and teaching.

Founded in 1865, WPI is one of the nation’s best technological
universities. A highly selective private university located within an hour
of Boston, WPI is consistently ranked among the top 60 research
institutions by US News & World Report. The university is home to an
innovative and intensive project based curriculum that empowers students
with the knowledge and skills to address real world problems around the
globe, an approach repeatedly cited for excellence by The Fiske Guide to
Colleges and The Princeton Review.

Questions about the hiring process should be sent to recruit at cs.wpi.edu.