[Infovis] Deadline Extended (July 30): Visual Analytics for Streaming Data (VASD)

Whiting, Mark A mark.a.whiting at pnnl.gov
Thu Jul 7 16:58:13 CEST 2016

*** Deadline Extended to July 30 ***

Call for Contributions

Visual Analytics for Streaming Data (VASD)

A Special Session in Conjunction with VISUAL 2016, The First International Conference on Applications and Systems of Visual Paradigms

http://www.iaria.org/conferences2016/VISUAL16.html

November 13 - 17, 2016 - Barcelona, Spain

Content
In this special session we will look at the issues associated with visual analytics for streaming data from several perspectives.  When we characterize data streams we see features such as differing volumes, differing velocities (data delivered over unit time periods), multiple data types in a stream, multiple streams that are related but unintegrated, streams with data gaps, and streams with data whose content or context changes over time.  Current visualization tools and techniques are often anchored to static repositories. Yet streams are dynamic, which means that the way data is input, manipulated, visualized, analyzed and iterated over must change from our usual approaches.

Submissions may present concepts, state of the art research, standards, implementations, running experiments, applications, or industrial case studies. Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished contributions, which are not under review in any other conference or journal in the following topic areas (and we are not limited to these topics):

-  Specialized visualizations for streaming data environments
-  "User on the loop" and "user in the loop" visualizations
-  Streaming data visual analytics environments
-  Change detection in data streams
-  Situation awareness
-  Multi-type data streams visualization
-  Visualizing patterns in data streams
-  Visualization and stream mining
-  Adaptive visualization techniques

Contribution deadlines:
Submission deadline: July 30
Acceptance notification: August 30
Registration deadline: September 15
Camera-ready deadline: September 30

Please send submissions to: Mark A. Whiting, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA  mark.a.whiting at pnnl.gov<mailto:mark.a.whiting at pnnl.gov>

Contribution types
Regular papers [in the proceedings, digital library]
Short papers (work in progress) [in the proceedings, digital library]
Posters: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
Posters: slides only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org<http://www.iaria.org>]
Presentations: slides only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org<http://www.iaria.org>]
Demos: two pages [posted on www.iaria.org<http://www.iaria.org>]

Paper Format
See: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2016/CfPVISUAL16.html
Before submission, please check and comply with the editorial rules: http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

Publications
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals:  http://www.iariajournals.org
Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: http://www.proceedings.com/9769.html
Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: http://www.thinkmind.org

Registration
Each accepted contribution needs at least one full registration, before the camera-ready manuscript can be included in the proceedings.
Registration fees are available at http://www.iaria.org/registration.html

Inquiries
Chair: Mark A. Whiting, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA  mark.a.whiting at pnnl.gov<mailto:mark.a.whiting at pnnl.gov>
Logistics: steve at iaria.org<mailto:steve at iaria.org>