[Infovis] Survey on visualization for scientific communication

Meg Pirrung meganap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:35:16 CET 2014

Dear InfoVis Researchers,

I am asking for your help as I am conducting a survey for which I
specifically need responses from the visualization community.

The survey focuses on using visualization for scientific communication of
microbial ecology data in three different audiences: a scientific expert
audience, visualization expert audience (that's you!) and the general
public.

Knowledge about microbial biology is *not* required to take the survey.
This study will help inform researchers on the appropriate visualizations
to use for microbial ecology data when presenting to different audiences.

The survey has 3 parts and an optional demographic survey, and should take
around 15 to 20 minutes to complete. This study has been approved, as
required, by the Institutional Review Board of the University of Colorado
Medical School (protocol 14-0856), Aurora, CO, USA.

The survey URL is:
http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/vissurvey/consent.html?src=jw

Please email cuvissurvey at gmail.com if you have any questions.

I know everyone is busy at the end of the semester but if you could spare
some  minutes of your time it would be a great help to me. Thanks!

Megan Pirrung
PhD Student, CompBio Program, University of Colorado