[Infovis] Second Call for ACM IUI 2015 Workshop Proposals
steichen at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 26 21:00:49 CEST 2014
CALL FOR ACM IUI 2015 WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
20th ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI’15)
March 29 - April 1, 2015
Deadline: September 12, 2014
Notification: October 15, 2014
Ben Steichen, University of British Columbia
Nava Tintarev, University of Aberdeen
Contact: workshop-tutorial2015 at iui.acm.org
Workshops will be held on the first (March 29th) and last day (April 1st)
of the conference. We invite submissions of full-day and half-day workshop
proposals on any of the conference topics. The conference may provide a
free registration for each workshop to assist its organization.
Submission Guidelines and Notes
The proposals should be PDF documents not exceeding 3 pages, submitted by
e-mail to the workshop chairs at: workshop-tutorial2015 at iui.acm.org
Each workshop proposal should provide the following information:
- Name and title: A one-word workshop name/acronym, and a full title.
- Description of workshop topic and goal: This description should discuss
the workshop’s relevance to the general IUI community and the IUI 2015
audience. Include a brief discussion of why and for which audience the
workshop is of particular interest.
- Organizers: Names, affiliation, email addresses and homepage URLs for all
organizers. Please indicate the primary contact person. Strong proposals
typically include organizers who bring diverse perspectives to the workshop
topic and who are actively connected to the communities of potential
- Workshop program committee: Names and affiliation of the members of the
workshop program committee in charge of evaluating the workshop submissions.
- Participants: The expected number of participants and how you plan to
- Workshop format: A brief description of the workshop format regarding the
mix of events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels,
demonstrations, and general discussion.
- Length: Full-day or half-day.
- Submission: September 12, 2014
- Workshop proposal format: Workshop proposals should be no more than 3
pages long and should follow the formatting instructions from SIGCHI. (
- Review: Workshop proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the workshop
chairs and the IUI 2015 conference and program committees.
- Publication: Extended abstracts of the workshop are to be included in the
ACM Digital Library. Workshop papers will be published in a joint CEUR
- Cancellation: Workshops with a low number (ca 10 for full day, 5 for half
day) of paper submissions by December 22, 2014 may be cancelled.
Responsibilities of Workshop Organizers
- Producing a call for participation: This call will be posted on the IUI
2015 web site.
- Publicity: Organizers are responsible for additional publicity such as
distributing the call to relevant newsgroups (e.g. wikicfp) and electronic
mailing lists, and especially to potential audiences from outside the IUI
- Submission: Submissions of the workshop papers will be handled by the
- Web site: Organizers must maintain their own website with updated
information about the workshop.
- Workshop notes: The workshop organizers coordinate the paper collection,
production, and distribution of the working notes for the workshops.
Produce a single PDF with the workshop material for a joint CEUR
- Extended Abstract: The extended abstract is a description of the workshop
intended for publication in the IUI 2015 proceedings and may not exceed
four pages. It must contain a summary of the workshop goals and an overview
of the workshop topics. It must follow the formatting instructions from
Dr. Ben Steichen
University of British Columbia
More information about the Infovis