[Infovis] Data files available (InfoVis, VAST, CHI papers)

John Stasko john.stasko at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 30 03:31:08 CEST 2011

If you would like some simple data files that describe every InfoVis and
VAST Conference paper in the history of those conferences, we have
created such files and have made them now available for download.  The
files contain a simple xml-ish format describing each paper, its title
and abstract, authors, conference, year, keywords, etc.  We believe that
the format will be easy to read and understand.  Also available on the
same site is a file containing information about CHI conference papers
since 1999.

You can download the files from the webpage
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/ii/jigsaw/datafiles.html.  We hope that
these files will be useful to researchers in the community exploring new
methods of visualizing and understanding collections of documents.

Unfortunately, the data files do not include citation information.  We
would be happy to have someone add that information to the files,
however.  :^)

--John