[Infovis] WikiViz 2011 extended deadline: August 28, 2011

Dario Taraborelli dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 19 02:57:08 CEST 2011

We received several requests to extend the submission deadline for WikiViz 2011 – a competition organized by WikiSym and the Wikimedia Foundation to visualize WIkipedia's impact with open data.
The WikiSym committee is glad to announce that the deadline has been extended to August 28 2011.

http://www.wikisym.org/ws2011/wikiviz:presentation
http://twitter.com/WikiViz/status/104349201680437248

The 3 finalists will have travel costs covered for the awarding ceremony at WikiSym 2011 in Mountain View, CA (3-5 October 2011) and their work showcased at the conference, featured in our partners' dataviz outlets (FlowingData, Information Aesthetics, Periscopic, Visualizing.org) and published by El Mundo – the largest digital newspaper by readership in Spanish.

Please circulate the call to anyone who might be interested.

Best,
Dario

--
Dario Taraborelli, PhD