[Infovis] CFP KIV 2005, Graz, Austria

Keith Andrews kandrews at iicm.edu
Thu Jan 6 18:26:30 CET 2005

		       I-Know 2005 Special Track on

        Knowledge and Information Visualisation 2005 (KIV 2005)

		    Weds. 29th June 2005, Graz, Austria

			  http://i-know.at/kiv

Call for Participation for the I-KNOW '05 special track on Knowledge and
Information Visualisation 2005

The I-KNOW '05 special track on Knowledge and Information
Visualization addresses the emerging fields of knowledge and
information visualization, involving the visual presentation of and
interaction with abstract knowledge and information spaces and
structures to facilitate their rapid assimilation and
understanding. Original papers are solicited in all areas of knowledge
and information visualization.  Topics include:

o Visualisation of text and multimedia corpora
o Visualisation of abstract information structures and spaces
o Visualisation of search results
o Human computer interfaces for knowledge and information visualisation
o Empirical studies of knowledge and information visualisation techniques
o Perceptual factors for knowledge and information visualisation
o Visualisation of web information systems
o Mapping and editing of knowledge structures
o Concept mapping
o Visualisation of knowledge and concept structures
o Data structures, frameworks, and models underlying visualisation
o Adaptive visualisation metaphors
o Visual data mining

Submissions might also address applications of knowledge and
information visualisation in areas such as mind mapping, decision
support, e-learning, CSCW, healthcare, mobile computing, virtual
environments, or bioinformatics.

Target Group

The topics mentioned above are addressed at researchers and developers
as well as at practitioners and providers in the fields of knowledge
and information visualisation.

The special track will be held in English.

Submission Categories

Papers: Mon 24 Jan 2005

Papers should be at most eight (8) printed pages. Papers must present
previously unpublished, original results. Accepted papers will be
published within the J.UCS conference proceedings of the I-Know ’05
Conference.

At least one author of an accepted paper must attend the special track
to present the work

Submission Instructions

Please prepare your submission according to I-Know style
guidelines. All submissions, regardless of category, should include
title, author(s), abstract, keywords, body, and references.

Submissions are to be made electronically in PDF (Adobe's Portable
Document Format) or MS Word format. Submissions are treated as
confidential communications during the review process, so submission
does not constitute public disclosure of any ideas
therein. Submissions should contain no information or materials that
will be proprietary or confidential at the time of publication, and
should cite no publications that are proprietary or confidential at
the time of publication.

Submission Procedure

Please submit your contribution via
http://www.i-know.at/submission. In case of problems or questions
concerning the submission of papers, please contact the track chairs
at kiv05 at know-center.at via email.

Important Dates

o 24 January 2005: Submission deadline (8 pages)
o 14 March 2005: Notification of acceptance
o 18 April 2005: Camera ready-copy (8 pages)
o 29 June 2005: KIV 2005 special track

Publication

Accepted papers will be published within the I-KNOW '05 conference
proceedings in cooperation with J.UCS and Springer Co. Pub.

Additional Information

For additional information please consult the I-KNOW '05 conference
website at http://www.i-know.at or the website of the special track on
Knowledge and Information Visualisation at http://www.i-know.at/kiv or
contact the KIV organizers at kiv05 at know-center.at via email.

Organizers

o Keith Andrews, Graz University of Technology, Austria, kandrews at iicm.edu
o Michael Granitzer, Know-Center, Graz, Austria, mgrani at know-center.at
o Wolfgang Kienreich, Know-Center, Graz, Austria, wkien at know-center.at
o Vedran Sabol, Know-Center, Graz, Austria, vsabol at know-center.at

Program Committee

o Horst Bischof, Graz University of Technology
o Remo Burkhard, University of St. Gallen
o Alberto Canas, IHMC, University of West Florida
o John Dill, Simon Fraser University
o Sue Havre, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
o Urs Hirschberg, Graz University of Technology
o Daniel Keim, University of Constance
o Alfred Kobsa, University of California, Irvine
o Chris North, Virginia Tech
o Andreas Rauber, Vienna University of Technology
o John Stasko, Georgia Institute of Technology
o Sigmar-Olaf Tergan, Knowledge Media Research Center (KMRC), Tuebingen
o Jack van Wijk, Eindhoven University of Technology
o Pak Wong, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
o Bill Wright, Oculus Info

--

Keith Andrews             IICM, Graz University of Technology, Austria

http://www.iicm.edu/keith    "The kangaroos in Austria are in the zoo"